Respite care offers short-term, professional care for those you love when you have to be away. You can be confident they’re in competent hands and cared for in a safe and comfortable environment. And they don’t have to be a Sandhill Cove resident for you to book their respite stay, as Water’s Edge Health Center in Palm City, Florida, is open to all.
A short-term respite stay may be helpful to:
- Provide care for a family member after surgery or illness
- Allow you a short break from caregiving responsibilities
- Enable a trial of long-term care before a permanent move
- Give your loved one a change from their usual routine
Respite stays include:
- Furnished private or semiprivate rooms
- Nutritious, chef-prepared meals
- Round-the clock skilled nursing on site
- Emergency response system
- Waterfront Wellness program
- Daily activities, events and entertainment
- Medication management
Contact us for respite care at Water’s Edge Health Center, near Stuart, Florida.
Frequently asked questions about respite care:
Respite stays vary from a few days to a few weeks, but usually last less than a month.
Their personal and medical needs will be assessed, and with your help, we’ll create a care plan that incorporates their routines and preferences.
Absolutely. Family members and friends are welcome at any time.
We offer a full calendar of activities, programs and events every day. You and your loved one can decide which ways to make friends, stay active and have fun are right for them.
Our medical director, Dr. Michael Sherman, a specialist in internal care at Martin Health Systems, supervises all medical care. There are licensed nurses on staff at all times.